...ICE STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM CST
* WHAT...Significant icing expected. Total snow accumulations of
up to two inches and ice accumulations of three tenths to
three quarters of an inch. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of southwest Indiana, southeast Missouri,
western Kentucky and southern Illinois.
* WHEN...From 6 PM this evening to 6 AM CST Friday.
* IMPACTS...Expect power outages and tree damage due to the ice.
Travel could be impossible. The hazardous conditions could
impact the morning or evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Some of the affected counties have moved
from a winter storm warning to an ice storm warning as the
predominant concern will be freezing rain. The time of greatest
ice accumulation across the warning area is expected to be
between midnight and noon on Thursday. The majority of the area
is likely to see at least one half inch of ice accumulation.
Travel is strongly discouraged. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency. Prepare for possible power outages.