Morganfield home damaged by fire on Easter Sunday

A home in Morganfield was damaged by fire Sunday afternoon.

Morganfield Fire Chief Ricky Millikan tells WMSK News firefighters and emergency personnel responded to the scene of the structure fire at 210 S. Jefferies Street around 11:40. He says the fire was contained to one room of the residence, but the entire home suffered severe heat and smoke damage. According to Chief Millikan, the cause of the blaze appeared to be from an overheated electrical circuit.

Sources say the home is owned by Chris Frazier and rented by Ronald Garnett.

The Morganfield Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Morganfield Police Department, Morganfield Utilities, Whispering Meadows, Union County and Waverly Volunteer Fire Departments, Morganfield Rescue Squad and the Union County Ambulance Service.

Firefighters remained on the scene until around 1:00.

There were no injuries reported.

Register for our Birthday/Anniversary Club!!