Fire at Jenny Wiley State Resort Park Renders Lodge Temporarily Closed

Frankfort, KY—Late Tuesday night a fire erupted at the lodge at Jenny Wiley State Resort Park. There were no injuries reported.

Fire department officials say the blaze at Jenny Willey was a result of an electrical panel, and it has rendered the lodge temporarily closed as repairs are being made. The sprinklers did an outstanding job at containing the fire to just the lounge area. Other amenities including the convention center and cottages remain open for occupancy.

“At this point it appears that the lodge will reopen for business in a matter of days,” said Don Parkinson, Secretary of the Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet, which oversees all of the Commonwealth’s 49 state parks.

“Safety is our utmost concern, and we will work diligently to address any remaining issues,” said Commissioner of Kentucky State Parks Donnie Holland.

Established in 1954, Jenny Wiley State Resort Park is named for Jenny Wiley, a local pioneer woman who escaped Indian captivity.

Register for our Birthday/Anniversary Club!!