Coroner releases name of man who died in Uniontown mobile home fire

The Union County coroner has released the name and cause of death of the man who died in a mobile home fire in Uniontown last night. Coroner Steven Shouse identified the man as 62 year old David R. Hopper of 201 Adams Street and said the cause of death was smoke inhalation.

Shouse tells WMSK News that Hopper smoked and was on oxygen. He believes Hopper was smoking in bed when it caught fire.

Around 7:20 p.m. Tuesday, Morganfield Fire Department Chief Rick Millikan tells WMSK News firefighters from Union County Volunteer Fire and Uniontown Fire Departments were dispatched to the mobile home fire on Adams Street.

Chief Millikan says several departments assisted them at the scene.

He says the investigation is ongoing.

Coroner Shouse tells WMSK News firefighters did a good job containing the blaze to the bedroom.

Register for our WMSK Birthday Anniversary Club

%d bloggers like this: