BEAVER DAM, Ky. (December 8, 2021)—Kentucky State Police arrested and charged Diego Alonzo-Perez, 34 of Beaver Dam, KY with Human Trafficking – Commercial Sex Activity during an investigation of his juvenile daughter.
Troopers and Social Services launched an investigation in November when investigators learned the juvenile gave birth in March 2021. Troopers say Alonzo-Perez sold his juvenile daughter to Lucas Mateo, 20 of Beaver Dam in August of 2020. The juvenile has been residing with Mateo since August 2020.
Mateo has been also arrested and charged with Rape, 3rd Degree. Both men are being held in the Ohio County Detention Center in Hartford.
The investigation continues.
What are the signs of human trafficking?
A victim of human trafficking:
- May show signs of physical or mental abuse
- May not have control over their own money, ID or personal possessions
- May not be able to speak on their own behalf or unable to leave on their own
- May appear to be fearful or submissive
- May not know what city or state they are in, or where they are living
- May work excessively long hours
- Can be found in restaurants, farming, massage parlors and soliciting at hotels, parking lots or house to house
If you suspect anyone involved or a victim of Human Trafficking, visit: