Local News

Owensboro home destroyed by fire

Owensboro home destroyed by fire

Bill Stephens

January 20th, 2016

0 Comments

A home in Owensboro was destroyed by fire last night.

Firefighters of the Daviess County Fire Department and Airport Sorgho Volunteer Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 102 Boothfield Road around 9:35 Tuesday night after neighbors called 911 reporting a building was on fire and they heard an explosion, according to the Daviess County Sheriff’s Office. Upon arrival, authorities say the residence was fully engulfed in flames and was extinguished about 15 minutes after firefighters arrived on the scene.

Authorities say the homeowner, Joel Osborne, stated that the fire began on his couch and was possibly caused by a lit candle. He stated that he tried to put out the fire but was forced out of the residence when the flames spread.

The sheriff’s department indicates the house fire is still under investigation.

Comments are closed.