Local News

An electrical short caused minimal smoke damage to a Morganfield home

An electrical short caused minimal smoke damage to a Morganfield home

Bill Stephens

December 30th, 2015

0 Comments

Firefighters responded to an electrical fire at a home in Morganfield Tuesday morning.

Morganfield Fire Chief Ricky Millikan tells WMSK News firefighters responded to a home on West Spaulding Street where a power strip had shorted out and was on fire, causing damage to the power strip and appliances plugged into it. Chief Millikan says storm damage to a power line outside the house also had to be repaired by Kentucky Utilities.

According to Chief Millikan, the home sustained minimal smoke damage.

Comments are closed.